Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two Jewels

Below is a picture of the 2 jewels currently in my uterus. My sister has named them Aurora and Belle for disney princesses b/c Charlotte is now falling in love with these lovely ladies.

We arrived at CCRM at noon and I was quickly taken back for my blood draw and then we wen upstairs to be greeted by Lynne who ushered us into our room. I was shocked to find out they bring the embryos to us rather than taking me somewhere. I popped my valium and we got comfortable as my bladder got more uncomfortable. They checked my bladder via u/s, Lynne gave us bed rest instructions and then Kerry from embryology came in to discuss the embryos. They thawed the 5AA and the 5BB - and one had moderately expanded and one minimally expanded. Hmmmm - he didn't seemed concerned so I am going to go with that. Then the wizard appeared and he went right to town - barely saying a word (after a nice hello). During the actual transfer (from speculum to embryo placement) he didn't say a single word. Nothing. Do the nurse and embryology guy just read his cues?? Strange. On his way out he said "It couldn't have gone better". Very matter of fact - definitely not a warm and fuzzy feeling. He did pop in later to just ask how I was doing.

We had to wait an hour before I could get dressed and go to the bathroom. They offered a bed pain, but what in the world does that mean? I read on Mo's blog that is was an uncomfortable experience so I said no and held it.

I have been laying around relaxing. Already a bit bored....and anxious.....and trying not to obsess that I think the embryos look a little funny.....they don't look like everyone else's!!!

Please stick little ones. I am ready for you!!!!



Thanks for all the support!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on being PUPO! Dr Sch did my transfer too and he didn't say a whole lot either. Do you plan to POAS??? Wishing you a BFP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why do you think they look funny? they have hatched! that's why! thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick little embies, stick! Wishing you a fast less-than-2-week-wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that your transfer went well. I know I was surprised that they brought the embies to me as opposed to taking me somewhere! Stick embies stick!

    ReplyDelete