Sunday, October 24, 2010

HPT Torture (5dp5dt)

This morning I chickened out and didn't take the test. I convinced myself I wouldn't last night so that I could go to sleep. So immediately after my first morning pee I started holding it - so that mid-morning I could POAS. So about 11 I squeezed 4 drops into one of the dollar tree tests. I went to prepare a load of laundry. At 3 minutes I only saw white so I took it downstairs, showed it to Josh, and said "Sorry, I was hoping to have a surprise". He held it in all different light and swore he saw something. Then, I looked and yes, I see something. Is it a real line, a ghost line, a gray line, a pink line??? It was just at 10 minutes.

During my last FET I swore I saw a line and I obviously didn't, so I am not at all optimistic. But, I know it is early. Very early. (considering my transfer wasn't until 3pm - it hasn't even been 5 days!)

This has to work, right? We transferred 2 high quality hatching chromosomally normal embryos. For crying out loud.

This post from Chronicles of.... hit home with me b/c I feel like there is so much pressure. So many people know about this - friends, family, family friends, work people, hair dressers, etc. There are so many people pulling for us I don't want to let them down.

As for symptoms. I feel off.....still have that pain to the left and below my belly button. And now my back aches. Oh, and my right nipple hurts. That's all folks.

Should I POAS again today?

3 comments:

  1. Oh... I so hope that you indeed saw a second line. It is probably because it wasn't first morning urine. I am not going to advice on POAS... because I am chicken myself! So far, my plan is to POAS the morning of beta. Let's hope both of us get to see the two lines. I am nervous for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it again tomorrow morning for your first AM's pee...or when there is more than 4 hours between urination is my advice. THat's my thinking. It's got to work...just has to. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right at this stage, 5dp5dt following a transfer of 2 ccs normal and hatching blast... I love that you wrote and documented all of this becuase I certianly can relate. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete