Sunday, August 1, 2010

Surprises.

Not the OH MY GAWD I got a BFP the cycle before IVF.

Deciding to go to CCRM wasn't a hard decision for me. Our 2 options were to do the shared risk for 25K (3 fresh/3 frozen) or go to CCRM for 1 shot with answers for about the same cost. I get crazy obsessed during my cycles. During the FET in April I was so obsessed I even lost focus on Charlotte - this broke my heart. This was a main factor in the decision - I just knew I couldn't keep going through it over and over and was tired of relying on "luck".

Anyway, back to the surprises. It is A LOT of money. I try to block out the thoughts about how most people do it for FREE. And then the insurance coverage I DO NOT have.

So, every time I learn about another 100 dollar surprise I say "hey, what the hell, we are spending 25K anyway". Well I am starting to think all those 100's are starting to add up to over a thousand. This is bothering me and it is actually pissing Josh off.

Here are a few:
-Extra $150 for the "admin" fee for the clinic here to monitor me (oh, and I get to pay it now and again during the FET monitoring)
-Extra $400 for "Drs" fee for the CCS
-Re-group $108 that lasted 6 minutes (I wish I had just not done it)

Anyone have any advice for how to just let it be?

1 comment:

  1. Is that $400 "Drs" fee for CCS not included in the $6850? I just ask b/c I was told this morning that the $6850 is completely comprehensive, that we wouldn't have any surprise charges. Sorry you are seeing dollar signs--I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete