Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Big O and the Short Re-Group

My calendar is based on me ovulating by Friday. I am happy to report it appears to be happening right now. Let's hope I am right.

On to the shortest ever re-group. I feel like I have been waiting for this forever - I mean it has been a month and 5 days since our ODWU. And I stretched it out so it would like 6 minutes. Do you think they will charge be the full 100 something dollars?

He started off asking what my questions were. I really only had 1. Okay 2.

Why no BCP?? He basically said that many of their protocol don't include BCP - and this is the one he chose for me. hmmmmm. Not satisfied.

Will it help me stim faster? No it won't change how long it takes. So, I need to prepare for 12 nights of stims. This means we will be in Denver for 10 nights. Whoa. I emailed my nurse to see if we can come out 1 day later. But, then if I have to be monitored here another day - that is another 300 dollars, so maybe we should just go?? But, then I get to work 1 more day. Decisions, decisions.

I asked what else he normally covers and he chuckled. (yes, he chuckled). He said normally he has wonky results to report so he spends time on that. He went on to say that all my results came back better than he could have expected. This made me feel odd. Well, I felt like screaming 'Then why are we having problems!!!". Instead I calmly said "Well, Dr. Schoolcraft, that is exactly why I am aggravated - everything appears great, but it isn't working".

That's all folks. What else should I have asked?? Did I miss the boat?

Here are my day 3 results:
E2: 44pg/ml (should be between 19-50)
FSH: 9.2 mIU/ml (<10) (the last time with my local clinic it was 6.8)
LHD: 5.0 mIU/ml (2.0-6.0)

AMH: 1.9 (apparently makes up for my 9.2 FSH)

One week and I will be starting the dreaded Lupron!

1 comment:

  1. I have heard that he is a man of few words, LOL! 12 nights of stims--wowza?! I am getting ready to start Lupron too and am dreading it. I'll be following along as you go through your cycle!

    ReplyDelete