Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goosebumps

Last week I received a cryptic email from my nurse (like she was typing fast and missed some words while adding others) that explained the protocol that has been chosen for me.

NO Birth Control Pills.

WHAT? (I will get back to this)

And that she would be sending my calendar soon (Thur, Friday or the weekend).

All those days came & went.

Monday I needed to get gas, got to the bank, blah blah. So, at lunch I headed out and b/c I was being lazy went to the gas station I hate and swore I would never go back to. When I got out I accidentally carried my phone with me. As I began pumping gas I refreshed my email on my phone while beginning to sing along with the song playing over the gas station radio. It was "I just haven't met you yet"...and I thought - yay, I haven't heard this in awhile. And I looked down and there was an email with my calendar! It was a weird moment. Left me feeling odd, but good. Mostly because............

We are going to Denver in AUGUST!!!!

I feel like it might finally be real! I even looked up "Things to do in Denver"!

So, let's get back to NO BCP.......
From all my research (googling) what I am coming up with is that maybe he thinks it suppresses me too much (along with more days of Lupron). My other 2 cycles I stimmed for 12 nights - which I believe is on the long side - maybe he wants me to be more like 10 days. I won't be able to ask the man himself until the 28th during our regroup.

Today is officially CD1 of my (non BCP) CCRM IVF cycle. Today is a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm on long lupron without BCP too. I'm not on BCP since I have a clotting issue (factor II mutation) and BCP puts me more at risk for clotting. Do you have a clotting issue? I am curious to why no BCP otherwise?? Good luck at your regroup! And yay for CD1 and officially starting your IVF cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete