Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Calling in Favors, The Flu, and Another U/s

White Flag:
Last Friday I was at a breaking point as I still had not heard from a nurse about my E2, P4 and U/S from earlier that week. We were on our way to Disney but I was a basket case so Josh made me call in a favor. My distant cousin is a nurse at CCRM.....so he called the main office and asked for her - and much to my surprise she answered! I am such a baby - I couldn't even explain the situation without crying. She went to talk to my main nurse and let me know she had my results and would call me later. At that moment my whole body relaxed.

The dreaded stomach bug:
Charlotte had the stomach bug (maybe flu) last week but we still made it to Disney. Then, Sunday morning I woke up in the hotel and felt TERRIBLE. A hangover times 20 - appears I caught the same bug. We came home immediately where I spent most of the day in bed. I was worried about what was going on in my ute so I took Monday off to continue to recover.

The need for an u/s:
So, I had another u/s today - and it was just what I needed heading into Thanksgiving. Both babies are measuring right on track and their heartbeats were about 170. I think it is time to face the music that I just may be really growing TWO babies in my body.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I know many of you may be on different parts of your journey and this can be a hard time. When I was in a dark place this saying helped me appreciate each day even if I seemed to be waiting for something else.... There is no road to happiness....happiness is the road.




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Maggie!!! Great ultrasound results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! So good to hear the ultrasound went well!!!

    ReplyDelete