Thursday, November 18, 2010

Holy Emotional

I think I have cried 10 times in less than 12 hours. It all started yesterday when I just got totally fed up with the lack of communication from the emerald city. I had my u/s on Monday and even though I had left multiple voicemails and sent many emails all I had gotten in return was half ass email responses. I started weaning vivelle patches and also started doing PIO every other day and I couldn't get any nurse to engage enough to tell me if this was okay and when I should get checked next. I freaked out. And they won't tell me when to have another ultrasound. Huh? I thought it would be 2 weeks like EVERYONE ELSE. Finally late last night the nurse called. They never got the u/s results. Great. She wanted to see the results to decide on the next u/s. Fair enough, I guess. I had to go today for bloodwork - which may or may not be sent to them today from LabCorp. Fabulous.

I am not only Holy Emotional - I am also Holy Happy. I am still in shock and disbelief. So thrilled that all of this has paid off and that our dream is coming true.

When I laid down on the table just after 1 on Monday my heart was beating so loudly I felt like everyone could hear it. The screen was pointed away from me so of course I watched the nurses face (not Josh's b/c he had no idea what he was looking at!) waiting for a sign. She pretty much immediately said - "Looks like there are 2 in there". She let me look at the screen for a second and then started all her measurements. She let us listen to both heartbeats (cue tear coming down my face)....they were both about 130. That is pretty much all she told us. But it was enough for me (at the time).

So next steps. No idea and it is driving me crazy. I did make my first Ob appt for the first week of December.

Thanks for all the well wishes :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Maggie!!! But so sorry you are having communication issues. Hopefully your u/s results get to CCRM soon so that you can then be given a game plan of how to wean off the meds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having communication issues too! So frustrating. I never heard back after my last e2 re-check (had it re-checked since it was on the low side and started more estrace) finally found out what the level was 4 days later...only because I asked! I still haven't heard anything regarding my u/s results either. I guess they didn't receive the results but didn't even seem to care. I had my OB re-fax it early this week... still haven't heard anything. So frustrating. I had my e2 and p4 checked yesterday (non-stat) and thought I'd hear today, but never did! UGhh!

    ReplyDelete