Friday, December 17, 2010

Some updates....

I have a hard time updating mainly b/c I started this blog to (in a crazy emotional way) give back to the blogging community. Over the past 3 years of infertility I have read countless blogs and message boards and when we decided to start our journey at CCRM I wanted to document it for those people just starting on their infertility journey. I documented the ODWU, the crazy Day 3 blood draw, our 11 day stay in Denver, bad fert report, great day 6 report and even better CCS results. And then of course, my holy grail - the positive HPT, rising beta's, and beautiful heartbeats. Through all of that I have had strong support from amazing women across the country. It truly has been a great experience. I thank you all for this!

Not sure where to go from here but for now I will write a quick update.
I am 11 weeks as of yesterday - and have my 12 week ultrasound in a week. Knowing that seeing 2 healthy heartbeats will be the BEST Christmas present ever. I wonder if at that point I will feel like it is for real.....and start really planning. I have been spending many mornings and lunch hours at my local LabCorp while weaning from the progesterone and estrogen. I was paying $222 each visit at my local RE but now going to LabCorp it is $0!! And they even do it STAT. I am totally off of progesterone! Whoa!!! And down to 2 estrace pills a day. After my last post the nurses started being a little more reliable and calling with my results - it has been so much less stressful.
Hope everyone has a great holiday season!

4 comments:

  1. Happy that all is well with you. Best luck at the 12 week ultrasound. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear the 12 week ultrasound report! I'm weaning down as well...Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so great to follow along with your blog, and I hope you'll keep blogging once in a while. I know success stories give other prospective CCRMers so much hope. Can't wait to hear about Friday's u/s! Yay for weaning off the meds, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear about your u/s this week! I would love to keep hearing updates from you as well. Hope you post every once and a while :) So happy for your success! Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete