Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 6 Report

I didn't sleep well last night. I had dreams about the embryos all night - the reoccurring one being that there were 3 to biopsy. So in my dreams I was convincing myself that 3 was an okay number.

So, once the real day started I was immediately watching the clock (and yawning). I figured they would call around 12:30 my time. Well, I was walking into a meeting at 11 and my phone started ringing. I told my employee "I may not be able to be in this meeting" (thinking the worst) and ran down the hall.

It was John. He told me they were able to biopsy SIX today. Wow, Sunday when the embryo count was 7 I had no expectation of 6. So, this blew me out of the water. He told me they were all in the early blast stages yesterday (day 5) so they waited until today to do the biopsy. I wish I had asked if this is a bad sign???? Anyone know? Of course I have searched through the IVF connections board and it seems people have success with day 6 embryos.

I then asked for the quality grading. Detailed explanation here. I have put the chart below for reference.

So, they are all 6 day blasts. Again, I have no I idea if this is good or bad. But I am choosing to be positive!

Grading definition: Number (expansion grade), Inner Cell Mass grade (becomes the baby), Trophectoderm grade (becomes the placenta)

5AA
4AB
5BB
4BB
4BB
4BC (he said this is questionable but worth testing for information)

We are very happy. I think I can get through this 2WW. Although it may be a bit longer b/c of the holiday they will not be shipping out until Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!


Expansion
grade
Blastocyst development and stage status
1

Blastocoel cavity less than half the volume of the embryo

2

Blastocoel cavity more than half the volume of the embryo

3

Full blastocyst, cavity completely filling the embryo

4

Expanded blastocyst, cavity larger than the embryo, with thinning of the shell

5

Hatching out of the shell

6

Hatched out of the shell

ICM grade

Inner cell mass quality

A

Many cells, tightly packed

B

Several cells, loosely grouped

C

Very few cells

TE grade

Trophectoderm quality

A

Many cells, forming a cohesive layer

B

Few cells, forming a loose epithelium

C

Very few large cells










1 comment:

  1. Great news! You really had an amazing turn around in your cycle! I think day 6 blasts are just as good as day 5 from what I've researched! Hoping u have a good number of normals :)

    ReplyDelete