Thursday, September 9, 2010

Frozen in Time

I am referring to the 6 embryos that are over 1800 miles away and are about a mile higher than me in the sky.

Today I found myself thinking about all the traits that are already decided about those embryos. Blue eyes, brown eyes, blonde hair, brown hair, fair skin, or skin than tans regardless of SPF 50, an extra chromosome here, a missing chromosome there, boy, girl, glasses, 20/20 vision. It is crazy to think all of those beautiful traits are decided and frozen in time.

Tomorrow will mark 1 week since the day 6 biopsy – so we should get a call a week from tomorrow. Obsessing will commence on Monday.

In the mean time I got my AF (9 days after retrieval) and sent the nurse an email asking for a tentative FET schedule. For some reason I thought my ask for a Thur/Fri transfer wouldn’t be an issue. I got my calendar last night and it is set for Oct 19th! (That would be a Tuesday). What am I going to do about it? Go with it. What else can I do? To be honest I was shocked with how soon it is and I am focusing on that rather than having to take off 3 more days of work. And it is “tentative” so one weird E2 result can move the date.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment: