Friday, July 29, 2011

Reminder

I needed a reminder so I went back and read this post. I remember those few days waiting on fert reports and how a mess I was. I was desperate for our adventure to CCRM to be a success.

Why do I need a reminder? Well, b/c this is hard. Hard in a different way than expected. Hard in a way I find challenging to explain. Hard, b/c I feel guilty that I think it is hard when this is all I wanted.

The babies are amazing. Cute, cuddly, and growing. Charlotte is a very good big sister - she helps burp them and holds Violet's hand in the car, and just wants to hug and kiss them.

What's hard? The lack of sleep, the change in our normal life and coming to realize life will be a different normal for a long while, the demands of breastfeeding, the supplementing of formula and all the feelings that go with that, the middle of the night decisions, the list goes on.

I love these babies with all that I have - and that part is not hard.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I feel the same way... Sometimes even miss the days of just three of us (my husband, oldest son and I) and question what our life will be like moving forward. It's just not as easy as it was before!!! It IS hard!!! Even though my last post in my blog makes it sound easy, I have those hard days too, well actually everyday! But like you, I remind myself of how sad I was before our twins came. I was sooo sad and although life is much different and difficult.... I am sooo happy and in love with our new family members!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS hard, no matter how you go there, it is still hard. Infants are wonderful, but are needy, and it is the hardest job in the world to meet every need - but you do it, they get older, you all survive. And when you can start sleeping again, it will instantly become a much easier thing - sleep is key! Hang in there, you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete