Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 weeks, Our Sweet Spot

So, yesterday marks 10 weeks and I think we may have finally hit our "I'm going to make it" mark. I think it is a bit later than most, but these past 3 weeks have been not that great with D&C's and sickness that it took me a bit longer. I was able to take the babies for an hour walk and then do some weights after.....felt soo good to sweat and get my heart rate up. Makes me feel alive!

I have to say I am so proud that after 10 weeks (and all the other crap), I am still breastfeeding. I am starting to reap the benefits that people talk about - they gaze at me while nursing, hold my hand, and I just feel soo close with them. I love it.

I wish I could say the babies were sleeping for 6 or 7 hours straight....then I would be over the moon. But, they are sleeping about 5....so, I am not going to complain and know that with time things will get better.

More positives are that they are smiling a ton. It makes my heart melt. They also are able to "play" - kicking on their play mat's, or sitting in their bouncy seats and are happy doing it.

13 days til I go back to work - lots of anxiety.

1 comment:

  1. Five hours a night is great!!! I'm going to be so jealous of you very, very soon for your twins' improving sleeping habits. : ) I'm glad you feel like you've hit your sweet spot and that things are going more smoothly, healthwise and with the babies. I love hearing that they are smiling up a storm already! So cute. I can understand your anxiety about going back to work, esp. since you haven't been able to enjoy your time away due to health issues. Hang in there; everything will be okay! (and please remind me of this when I return to work in November!)

    ReplyDelete