Monday, May 23, 2011

3 years ago....in a petri dish

Back when we started down the IVF road I didn't have a blog - so I went old school and wrote it all in a journal. I pulled the journal out to use for to-do lists preparing for the babies and had it on the coffee table. Charlotte found it, grabbed a pen, and started drawing in it. When I looked over she was coloring on-top of some of my "entries". Made me think back 3 years when I noticed she was on May 23rd.....2008. It was retrieval day of my second IVF. 18 eggs retrieved and in the lab they were fertilizing...and now one of them is the little girl who made me a mother. Asleep upstairs in her big girl bed.....the last thing she told me was "sweet dreams, mommy". If she only knew all the hopes and dreams I have had for years and years. I am so glad she made my dream of being a mommy come true.

Maybe I needed this today because I am pretty down and out. I am feeling pretty horrible and needed some perspective. Four weeks from tomorrow is my c-section (chanting in head I can do-it, I can do-it). Right, I can? I feel crazy for still working full-time but I am so set on getting my 12 weeks after they are born - so I am sucking it up now. I am only in the office 2 days/week (and work from my couch all other days). To mentally get through today I decided I am going to take one PTO day each week.

Itching for all the updates from the girls this far along....how are you feeling? Any sleep suggestions? We can do-it!!



3 comments:

  1. So happy for you that IVF worked out 3 hrs ago and you have little Charlotte :)

    Hang in there!!! I'm impressed you are doing as much as you are this far along with twins. I'm right where you are at with twins and can't do much on my feet without tiring out very quickly!! I had awful heartburn that just Tums could not help, but pepcid twice a day has done wonders. What's your c-section date??? I have mine scheduled for June 13!!! We're getting so close!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...no sleep suggestions here and I am 32 weeks! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm so excited that you only have 3 weeks to go now!! You can do it!!! :) I'm 33 weeks and scheduled for a c-section and/or inducement on July 6th - 5 weeks from now. We are all headed in the home stretch, it's so hard to believe! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful babies in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete