Thursday, June 24, 2010

We met the Wizard!! (ODWU)

Wow, yesterday was a crazy day. We got to partake in the famous One Day Work-up (ODWU)!

On Tuesday night we flew to Denver - arrived just a bit late, rented a car and headed to our hotel in the Tech Center area. We dropped off our bags and went just next store to an Irish pub. We had a yummy Irish meal and a beer! Yay!

Wednesday our schedule didn't start until 9:30AM. So, we got to sleep in, I went for a cool, hill-y, run, and we watched the first 1/2 of the USA World Cup Soccer Game. Then, it was off to CCRM!!!

Everything I have read was true. It was kind of like preparing too much for a vacation. You read so much about it, nothing is a surprise. A beautiful office, very prompt with our appts, and very professional.

We started with our consult with the Wizard himself. He had an electronic medical record device and reviewed our history and basically went over the same things we discussed on the phone. He was very relaxed and kind - and I absolutely love that he uses the "big" words and doesn't dumb it down too much. I NEED to know he is smart. He is - no joke.

Then, while Josh made is first Colorado deposit - I had an ultrasound that tested the blood flow to my uterus, measured follicles, etc. Then, I had the hysterscopy with Dr. S. Both went well - and all checked out fine. I will get more details in a week or so.

Then, we met with our nurse, Dawn. We went over a binder of all IVF stuff. We went pretty fast b/c we have done this a time or two.

Next we had our blood drawn for all kinds of tests (details to come when I get results).

And finally, we met with the business office - in which a young girl explained the thousands of dollars we will be spending. We put down a 1K deposit so they know we are serious. Of course we are serious, we just spent 4K on testing!!!!

I have some tips I will write in another post....

Only disappointing thing is we may not be starting with my next cycle (July 15th). We may not have all the results in to know "how" to start. Although I am pretty sure BCP will be the beginning, so Dawn said she will see about squeezing us in. This will push the whole schedule back considerably, but it is out of my control. Patience, Patience, Patience...........

No comments:

Post a Comment